Yippies, etc.!

Well, my daddy never fails to give me new material to harass him with. I definitely loved our conversation this weekend when we were driving around looking at rental homes and he began talking about the "yippies" that have started moving in the communities and turning the big older homes into condos. Wondering if I have missed out on a new term or maybe an older term I was unfamiliar with, I asked what yippies were. He says, "you know, yippies, they drive volvos." So then it clicked..."Daddy, do you mean yuppies?" "Yippies, yuppies, whatever."

I seriously LIVE for these conversations. My favorite part is how he just blows it off, which i guess is what i do when i say "minor detail" after I've misspoke. I constantly say the wrong thing, can't remember the right word and appropriately replace it with "thingy" (the BEST word on the planet). And all of my emails are one long run on sentence, but I think his comments are just WAY more fun!

We also had fun seeing Trey and Kitten and their seriously cute children. We met them at Cracker Barrel which fortunately had lots of UT Vols paraphernalia. Trey is a hardcore Florida fan so we take opportunities to torture him. We put a UT hat on the oldest Alyssa and got pictures with the youngest in an orange Tennessee rocking chair. It was amazing and he's gonna just LOVE them!
Alyssa! :)


Emily and Morgan

We did find a rental home and are waiting to see how things work out! The little rental man wants us to move a little sooner than we can. Hopefully, we can work something out and it won't cost us a fortune. Who has money to throw around?

Comments

Kevin said…
good job pooky!
Heather said…
House hunting is always an interesting thing to do. We have seen some wild places in our days. We are looking forward to your move!