Picnic and Baby appt!

Yay, this was a GREAT weekend! Saturday we had our first get-together for The Ridge. We had a great turn out! Twenty-two people showed up and we were so surprised! It was a lot of fun talking to some old friends and making new ones! People seem interested and really ready for something different when it comes to "church" in this area! I am so excited and so ready to help people see that relationship with God is so much more than rules and regulations, having to act or dress a certain way and a "religion." It's sad God is reduced to "religion." He is so NOT that and SO much bigger than the box we could ever put Him in!



Saturday afternoon I made about 1000 cookies (not really) but enough for our six neighbors around us! We haven't meet hardly anyone in our neighborhood and it's really sad. So, yesterday and today we took cookies and a note to all our neighbors around us! One older man across the street from us was pretty suspicious of us and later when we went out for a walk he ran out of his house and grabbed us. He explained that he had lived here for several years and no one has talked to him or been friendly to him beyond a wave. His wife died about a year ago and even though his family lives here they don't really spend much time with him! He thanked us for taking the time to be nice. That was such a nice blessing to us! It was kinda funny, we seemed to catch EVERYONE off guard and got several weird looks when people would thank us! It was weird to me, I've always had nice social neighbors and I never would have guess HERE in lovely East TN people seem to be so distant! Hopefully, we opened some doors to meeting people in our community! It's not easy for some reason and I NEVER have trouble talking to people! :)

Later we had dinner with some friends and hung out for several hours! Then Kev and I went to one of our favy food places that has music! We hung out there till a little after midnight. The band was cool, it was a southern rock sound and they had a mandolin, steel guitar, acoustic, bass, keys and the most AMAZING drummer ever...I've never heard a steel guitar used as an electric and it was the coolest thing ever! It was a lot of fun, we saw our all time FAVY waitress and talked to her for a bit! They're name was Azbury! I liked Burdens and a lot of other songs, but I remember that one! We got home sooo late but it was fun!

Baby update:
I had an appt Friday. Mom got to go but it was probably the worst ultrasound we'd had so far. The lady explained nothing and was just not social at all! The baby was moving sooo much so it was hard to get good pictures as well! Oh well, we'll have somebody different next time! I had to be tested for gestational diabetes, one of the nurses had brought her little girl in (this is a super busy office too), so there was this 3-4 year old little girl running around (her nurse mother no where to be found) and she hovered over me the WHOLE time my blood was being drawn to test my glucose levels. The lady taking my blood in the lab kept asking the little girl to move back and not bump me, that was so NOT reassuring. I overheard some other lady who thought the kiddo was cute say "isn't it great to work in a child friendly environment" and i was thinking she was CLEARLY insane. When is a LAB with needles and BLOOD in the middle of a REALLY busy perinatal office where EVERYone is high risk in a hospital a child friendly work environment???? It was soo unprofessional and just not even safe for the little girl in my opinion (maybe she should dig in the needles bin for fun and help the other nurses see that it's not child friendly) and I just made a polite comment to a nurse in the lab that looked in charge and said the little girl was not misbehaving but having her leaning over me while my blood was being drawn made me a little nervous and other patients may feel the same way. She most definitely looked at me like i was retarded and never said a word in response. It was lame. That doctor's office has great people there that I've dealt with so far but I hate to say it, I like my doctor's office in WV better which is a shocker, but he was AMAZING! AHH, i love kids and i'm excited to have one but that experience was so lame, anyway, now I have to go take a three hour glucose test because my sugar level was elevated! So, that makes me a little nervous. Hopefully, everything will be good!

Regardless of the dumbness of the appt, the baby is great, she is 2 lb 6 oz right now. :) We saw her face in the ultrasound and she is so much less alien looking and just looks cute, i wish that picture had turned out better but of course she was moving a lot and it turned out looking alienesque, haha! She was sucking on her fingers most of the time! I can't wait till she gets here! I can't wait to get settled on a name, one of these years...maybe by the time she is 15 she'll have a name. haha!

Comments