Baby news and other news!

It's the end of week 34 and I had a growth ultrasound today. Three weeks ago the baby was 3lb 7oz and today she weighed to a whopping 4lb 7oz. So, she was in the 15th percentile which is the lower end of babies at this stage but now she has dropped to the 9th percentile which is below normal. Needless to say, I am stressing a little! I had gained 10 lbs over the past 3 weeks and normally I gain maybe a 1/2 lb every week or two, so I thought that was a good indication of her growth since I couldn't see anywhere it went on my body. Turns out, according to the doctor it's fluid...but I had really been encouraged until they calculated the weight and figured out it wasn't really going to the baby! It's soooo frustrating. I told them all my eating habits and they said it was ok, so apparently eating more won't really do anything. So, next week I go twice, they will give me a non-stress test on Tuesday and then again on Friday and each time I will see the doctor. The following week, I'm going for a non-stress test again on THAT Tuesday and then on Friday I will have another growth ultrasound. Hopefully, by that time she will have grown sufficiently. The following Tuesday is when my c-section is supposed to be unless the baby isn't ready! We'll see what happens! I'm praying God takes care of this little girl and she is just that...little and nothing more!

On a happier note, it's been a fun week! I've been busy with lots of things but, more specifically, the past couple of weeks a friend of mine, Heather, has come by on Wednesdays and she's helped me get ready for the baby, run me around (we only have one car right now, kev takes it to work) and we've just enjoyed hanging out! It has been so fun! Maybe this will become a regular thing if I am lucky :)! It's been great, she has the most adorable little girl that always comes with her! We have such fun convos about everything under the sun. :) She is a huge blessing to me!

Tonight was Homecoming at my high school and next week is Homecoming at our college and our 10 year reunion! It was fun to catch up with people tonight and talk about back in the day and I look forward to seeing a bunch next week, most I haven't seen in years! I loooooove my friends and for some of them it has been waaay too long and others just not frequent enough when it comes to seeing them! God has really blessed me with some special people in my life and I hope they know I am grateful for them and all the amazing times I've had with them! I've been fortunate enough to reconnect with some people after too many years more recently and I look forward to seeing more next week, particularly since many of these people will be from out of state and visiting with them is rare!

Yaaaaay people!!! (with a cheerleader clap, just for Jonathan and Heather)!!!

Comments