i literally have a headache...

I continue to plow through agency after agency, trying to sort through ratings, finding some but not all on the Better Business Bureau, looking for one that looks reputable but has a country that works.  After further research, I found that Moldova does not have younger children available.  After reading further about Poland, I am not sure that is a great fit either.  We have started looking into Haiti, Honduras and Ghana.  The funny part is NONE of those were on our initial list or even the second list.  It's funny how as you learn more and identify the reasons you want to adopt it really does modify where you want to adopt from.

Violet often carries a little black baby around.  The funny thing is today at the gym one of the children's workers was holding a 3 month old adorable black baby girl.  Violet says, "I want that baby."  I told her we have our own baby (referring to a 4 month old baby girl I watch and Violet is usually with me).  She said, "NO, I want THAT baby."  When we got home I ask her if she liked the fact that the baby was a boy or a girl and she said "boy".  Then I said do you like that the baby is light skinned or dark skinned and she said, "dark."  The interesting part is all the countries we have moved to would have darker skin of some variety!  Maybe Baby V speaks the truth! :)

We have a phone call with an agency tomorrow night to discuss their agency and specifics about the countries we are interested in.  They have programs in all three countries.  I am nervous about trusting an agency with so much money, time and hope.  It's so scary.  I just have to trust that God is moving in all of this and will show us the right place to work with.

Comments