It's official!

August 7th, Kev and I sat in our new home we'd owned for a week and finally filled out the adoption application.
FINALLY...I can't believe we have taken our first step. On a mission trip in Brasil 10 years ago this summer, God told us He wanted us to adopt. This has been on our hearts for so long. Every time we thought it was time to start the adoption process, God has told us we had to wait. Now the time is here! Time to start lots of paperwork, fundraising and grant research.

I am harassing all my friends who have adopted or are in the process of adopting to get advice and gain wisdom on this journey. On a side note, I love listening to my girls talk about finding a brother or sister that doesn't have a mommy or daddy. They have a lot of great plans for him/her! We have talked about adopting with Chloe and Violet as long as they were old enough to understand it.

Christian Adoption Services approved us to begin our home study just last week. Now we are in the midst of doctor's appointments, references, copying documents and filling out more paperwork. I never knew I could be so excited to fill out paperwork! :) We are so excited God has given us this calling and opportunity. He has placed us in the perfect place, at the perfect time. We are so thankful for all He has done!

Check out the blog! I've added an "About Us" section that tells a little more about our adoption journey. There is a timeline page so you can keep up with the steps we are taking as they happen. Finally, we have a subscription link so you can be notified as we continue to post new blog updates.

Thank you for joining us on this journey. I'm pretty sure that like most other things in our life, it will be a wild ride!  Bulgaria here we come!

Comments