I can't see God.


Haven't we all said or thought that before. Not me, of course,but I've had a "friend" that has thought that way once or twice. :)

A few weeks ago, I, along with 284 students and adults saw and heard God in Myrtle Beach, SC. He spoke so clearly and drew so many students to Him. He changed people's hearts and lives. People may say God isn't real, He doesn't exist, but when you watch people get on the bus as one person and get off the bus a few days later so visibly changed, it's hard to argue He's not there.

Maybe we can't visibly see God, but I see Him at work. I watch Him move hearts and change attitudes. I recognize the lives only He could change. Maybe I can't audibly hear God, but I sense a need to pray for someone and then see God move in their life. I feel a nudge to talk to someone and then hear they've been waiting for someone to ask what's going on with them.

I can't see God, but I don't have to see Him to know He's there. I don't have to hear Him speak out loud to know He is speaking to me or those around me. I trust His written word, the Bible. I trust what I know as Truth and not what I feel in a moment, because feelings are unreliable and deceiving.

John 20:29
Jesus said to him, "Have you believed because you have seen me? Blessed are those who have not seen, yet have believed."


Jesus was speaking to Thomas, who was right in front of him and still asked for more proof. I've always thought how cool it would be if we could've been one of those who saw Jesus and had ironclad evidence, but I think we are on the best side of it. We know God in a unique way that didn't come until after Jesus ascended back into heaven.

I am so thankful for the many ways I see God at work in and around me! Plus, the many people I see Him impacting on a daily and even moment-by-moment! One of the coolest parts of Collide is our shaving cream war and this year we had a twist. When we got set up to take our group picture, all the leaders threw color powder in the air and we were suddenly covered with colors. People from a distance could see the dramatics and the huge cloud of color that flew above and around us.

I think that's sometimes like our relationship with God and how He works. We can't always see God for the "shaving cream" in our eyes, but we know something special is going on around us. We see the effects of it, like the color on us after the fact. But, even from afar people see God in and around us because it's something special we cannot hide.

Comments