Was that a squirrel? No, it was an iguana!

It's already time to start updating our homestudy and paperwork!! On one hand, it's sooo super exciting because we are progressing!!! On the other hand...its paperwork. So, I will err on the excitement side, because that's what I do. :) Yaaaay paperwork! The good part is we get to see our friends at the AIM Mail Center more! Chloe and Violet love one of the guys that work there because he colors pictures with them until I'm finished printing, copying, faxing and mailing! Plus, with our upcoming garage sale we can make some money to pay off some of these rising bills. We are still taking donations this week! Just contact me!

Sooo, I've been looking at waiting list photos again. Why are they all so cute??? Then I see the gorgeous teenage girls and adorable teen boys and my heart breaks. I consider myself a pretty positive person but, I see two potential scenarios when they age out of the system--human-trafficking and prostitution. At the top of the list in the European Union (EU) sits Bulgaria as a main source of human trafficking, children being the largest source. I hope there are better opportunities out there for those that move out of the orphanages. I'm sure there are sometimes, I just wonder how often they happen. I pray down the road when the girls are older we have the opportunity to bring some teens home. I know, I know...let's get this first child adopted. THEN, we can talk about the rest (that's Kev's voice of reason, in my head)!

Last week we had the privilege to serve with an awesome organization called South America Mission at their Centennial Celebration in Panama. Yes, an iguana crossed my path on the way to the pool. We helped with the AWESOME teenagers that came along with their missionary parents for the conference. The goal was for renewal for all of these missionary families from all over South America.

Missions, South America, teenagers--these are a few of my favorite things...Julie Andrews? Anybody? Needless to say, it was awesome to combine them all. Because of this deep love we have for these things, we got ask a million times by the missionaries the exact same question. What's stopping you from serving in South America as missionaries? To which I have a very easy answer--God.

God has us on mission.We have our daily mission field in our own community and it is ripe for the harvest. My last post talked about how many students made first-time professions of faith on our beach weekend. It didn't stop there, the numbers keep growing. God is continuing to move in such amazing ways and more professions of faith, students desiring discipleship, many students are feeling led into full-time ministry. The coolest part it is not because of some perfect system or program or some amazing cult of personality (although, Kev is cute and was wise enough to marry a woman with red hair). It's God using broken and imperfect tools to accomplish some really amazing tasks. We are so blessed to be a part of the process.

So, my challenge is this--recognize the mission field you have in front of you everyday. Being a missionary doesn't always mean going to another country, sometimes it means looking up from your phone during dance to talk to someone or talking to that girl at school or work that doesn't believe in God and being their friend. We most definitely need people called to go to other countries, the Bible instructs us to do that. What is most important is that you are listening to God and obeying His instruction. He will tell you how and where to serve. That will look different for everyone. How different would our schools, workplaces and cities look if we saw ourselves as missionaries rather than passive by-standers?

South America Mission



Comments