It's October.

What does that even mean (insert eye roll at myself)? If you breathe and walk within five feet of me I've probably told you this statement, "I really feel like God is going to do something big in October, I believe He has given me that month." I started sensing this in the spring and I started verbalizing it this summer. Primarily, because I was struggling to believe it myself. If I say it out loud and to other people, it feels real. Of course, in my brain "something big" translates into getting a referral, nothing feels bigger than a referral. But, what if God's plan is bigger? What's bigger than a referral? Who knows. Here are a few things I do know that have happened in October so far...

1. We were just blessed with our largest one-time donation so far, $3000, through our Pure Charity account. Thank you God for generous people who purposefully seek out ways to minister to others.
2. Giveaways for our Superhero Adoption Fundraiser Saturday, November 5th at 9:30am at Pleasant Hills Preschool are rolling in. This entire fundraiser literally has been sooo easy so far. Hold on...while I go knock on wood.
3. We've had a few private and smaller but successful fundraisers! Thanks Melanie, Sarah and Kelly! Actually, Melanie's Perfectly Posh fundraiser and Kelly's Thirty-One fundraisers are still going on if you wanna check them out.
4. God is giving us a supernatural peace that doesn't make sense. This is an amazing blessing! Anyone who knows me knows I've been pretty on edge lately.
5. Our daughters have started praying for God to take care of their brother or sister and bring them home. Do you know what that does in a Mommy and Daddy's heart when they are concerned about adding a child to the family, especially when that child is not a baby? Violet prays for us to have a safe drive back from Bulgaria. First interesting point, she's not worried about us getting there just the child coming back, I'm ok with that. Secondly, I hate to tell her driving might take a while, plus there's an ocean we need to cross as well...we will breach the topic of geography later.

"Hey Emily, why on earth do you keep telling everyone you believe God is going to do something in October? What if nothing happens?"

It's already happening!!!! We are only halfway through the month. I trust God. I trust His plan for this adoption. Shockingly, I'm not grimacing while I type that statement. This is NOT normal. I'm pretty sure it's that peace I was telling you about! I don't know what all October holds, but even if it comes and goes and we are still waiting, God is moving. He has done so much already and that's just the stuff I can see. Who knows what is happening that I cannot see!

Let me give a shout out to the awesome giveaway sponsors we've had so far for the Superhero Adoption Fundraiser! Also, love the guys at the AIM Mail Center who are always so so nice and have donated free printing for our event flyers and forms.

Giveaway Sponsors:

Lake Wylie Bowl N' Bounce
Masa Sushi and Asian Grill
Art Space Studio
Bagel Boat
GNC Rivergate
Chick-fil-A

I'm still waiting to hear back from a few other sponsors! I'm excited to let you know that Spiderman, The Flash and Green Arrow will be at our event. Thanks to Devil May Care Cosplay and Productions for their generosity and time.

Comments