A Love Letter, Part Two

Hey Little One,

It's been almost one year since our last letter to you. It's been 2 years and 114 days since we sent in our initial application to first begin the process to find you. Since we began, your absence has been noticed. We have felt it every day. I now think in sets of three. Three cups, three beds, three seats, three toothbrushes--three kiddos. When people ask how many kids we have, I say two now, but we have another one coming. I so want to know your name and see your sweet picture. When will that time come? As we wait for you, we actively look for you. We search for your face on Rainbow kids, just in case you are there. We check our agency and other agencies' waiting children photolistings. You are always in our hearts and minds. Where are you? We want to find you!

Your sisters bunked their beds and moved into the same bedroom a few weeks ago. This has been the plan for a while, but not until we expected you to come home. They asked to do this on their own. Daddy and I can't help but think God is preparing them and us for your presence. What used to be Violet's room is empty now waiting for you, with an empty dresser, ready for your little clothes. Your room here has random toys in it until we know what size and kind of bed we need for you. I'm so ready to prepare that room. What does your room look like now? Do you share it with someone? Do you live in a foster home or at an orphanage?

Your sisters talk about you, they pray for you and they already love you. They helped me decide which books to keep for you and which to give away. They are ready for a little kiddo to love and mother! They practice on your little cousin Joseph and their friends' younger siblings. They are going to spoil you--when they aren't bossing you around. Chloe is going to show you how things are done and help keep you in line, probably more than she should. Violet is going to be your personal entertainment and will probably be a little jealous when you show up as the new youngest kid on the block. I can't wait to see what role you will play. Will you be goofy, loving, calm, noisy, messy or all of those? I bet you'll be cute but high maintenance, those "gifts" tend to run in our family! :)

I pray you are safe and healthy. I pray God is preparing you for us, the way He is preparing us for you. We just had a huge family picture at Thanksgiving with your Poppy, Gammi, Aunt RoRo, Uncle Joe, Aunt Bo, Baby Joseph, Mommy, Daddy, Chloe and Violet. I thought about the fact that you were missing... I pray you will be in the photo next year! We decorated for Christmas and I saw your stocking missing. I considered getting you one this year and picking out a snuggly for you with your sisters. Your daddy is the voice of reason around here and slowed me down; probably a good idea. He knows me too well and knows this waiting isn't the easiest on my heart. But, know we are preparing for you and anticipating your arrival.

Your daddy is ready for you. He is the best daddy. He will love you and teach you so many things. He's great at making weekend adventures for us and he loves to do little things for all of us just for the fun of it. I am SO ready to have you here, I watch my phone for calls about you. I love hugs, so I hope you are prepared for that, if not, we will work up to it. We truly hope to hear about you soon. At the same time, we really try not to get our hopes up just in case it takes longer than we expect. In the meantime, we know God loves you more than we ever could so we trust Him and His timing. We can't wait to help you understand the deep love God has for you. It's because of His love, His heart and His example that we were moved to start this process.

We are ready, at least we think we are! Ready to hold you, kiss you, shower you with attention and love, ready to give you a home, a family and a knowledge of the one true God. We are waiting, mostly impatiently. Are you ready to come home?

As Daddy says to your sisters and will soon say to you...

We love you all the way to the sky,

Daddy, Mommy, Chloe and Violet

P.S. I wrote this letter yesterday and today when I went to Bible study a sweet lady gave me a blue blanket she made for you. Looks like you've got a snuggly! God is preparing all of us in many ways, with tiny steps and through His people.



Comments