The girls met Little B

The girls met their little brother today!

After a 20 hour day of traveling, we fell asleep last night. We woke up with a renewed excitement because today we would get to see our little boy and introduce him to his sisters. I was super nervous we wouldn't connect or they might just be too overwhelmed or busy to Skype. We nervously logged onto Skype. I had forgotten to ask if she would call us or if we would call her. 

We were supposed to talk at 8:30 am. That's 3:30 pm their time, after his nap. I waited until 8:31 before I tried to call on the computer and of course she called me at the same time! Her call came through on my phone and we missed it. I have no clue what happened. So, we tried again on the computer and she answered.

We saw his precious face. The girls were smitten and couldn't stop smiling. We had taught them how to say "car," "cat" and "dog" in Bulgarian. The girls brought little cat, dog and car toys to show him. He brought his little blanket and musical toy.
Airport pickup!

He smiled for two seconds when he saw us. Then, being a typical two-year-old he played with the
paper on the desk in front of him, looked out the window at cars and once in a blue moon focused on our faces and the multiple hands showing him cats, dogs and cars. Haha, this kid will not lack for attention. We watched his sweet little face and tried to interact for about 20 minutes--that's ten minutes longer than I expected. I could tell we needed to wrap it up, but as soon as I started to hang up he started looking at us intently. I wondered if the office he was in was totally new to him. I'm going to have to get creative to figure out ways to keep his attention, maybe I just need to wave paper around! We said "merci" to the sweet lady who Skyped with us and "ciao" to both her and Little B. We may start using those two words and the Bulgarian words for cat, dog and car on a regular basis. :) We will be ready for Little B when he comes home.

We took the girls to school late today so they could participate with us in this call. I have thought many times that I could not have chosen more perfect children for us than God gave us biologically. It's easy to chalk that up to genetics, but He chose our girls for us. People pick different routes for adoption; there are no right or wrong choices. While we will most likely adopt a waiting child next time (yes, we pray there will be a "next time"), I like the fact that this child was chosen for us by the MOJ and we didn't chose him. For our first time adopting, it was just an easier, although longer, path for us. God could not have chosen a more perfect child for us.

God chose us as parents for the girls and Little B. He chose the girls and Little B as our children and He chose us all as His children. I long for the day Little B understands he is chosen. Chosen by us and more importantly chosen by God.

In honor of the significance of that word and concept we are starting our last fundraiser. It's a t-shirt fundraiser and the t-shirt simply says "Chosen."

Click HERE to go to our fundraising campaign. You must order before June 5, 2018! We have a ton of styles and colors. We even have kid sizes. Personally, I'm a fan of the women's slouchy tanks!

Thank you all for your prayers, thoughts and support!

Comments

Unknown said…
Glad to know you are home with the girls. Thankful for your good trip and process. Thankful for little B and the pleasure to walk with you from far away.