The Polish Agency just called me...

So, to the two people following me, I apologize for random posts but this is to help me remember everything.  Today I spoke with Mimi from Huminska's Anioly, Inc, translated Huminska's Angels.  I love that she called me.  The are strictly committed to Poland.  She said they are not a "buy a kid" program, so adopting multiple children does not cost anymore in fees other than travel.  She said only 7 countries can adopt from Poland and they want to because the children are well cared for there while in foster care and orphanages.  Apparently, to even be a foster parent one of the spouses have to be a professional.  She said from the time our dossier was submitted for one child 2 and under could be about a year.  Which is less than I expected.  She encouraged sibling group adoption, apparently most of their families adopt sibling groups.  She actually will be in Charlotte in February.  We plan to move into SC because of the school systems so I was concerned about starting our homestudy in one state and then moving but she said that only required an addendum, so we could technically start sooner rather than later.  Also, she said that the tax credit has been made permanent so that would be amazing!  That has been interesting.  Who knows where this will go.  Tonight we speak with EAC to learn about their programs.  They have three countries we are interested in.  I also just recently heard back from a highly rated adoption agency called Hopscotch, they have a program we are interested in as well!  Who knows where this will all go but it's nice to finally be making some verbal connections with people.

Comments