Our job.

Sunday, our pastor, Arthur Mace, spoke about our responsibilities as Christ-followers. He mentioned our Gospel-centered roles in fighting for the oppressed and being bearers of hope! His mention of the oppressed and those in need of hope reminded me of what God has called Kevy and me to do. Our job is to fight for the oppressed child who is out there waiting for us... We are called to bring them hope for a forever family, and the hope of Jesus Christ.

I got so excited as I thought about the "Hope" bracelets I have been making! They have so many levels of meaning. Hope for a specific child, our Hope in Christ, the Hope that adoption brings to those all over our country and world. I got even more excited when I completely sold out of them in about 5 minutes last night. :)

I already have a waiting list for Hope bracelets and I haven't even gone public with them yet! If you would like to buy one to support our adoption and represent our cause, please use the Paypal link on the right side of our blog. If you'd like me to ship your bracelet to you or send a bracelet as a gift, just select the option that includes shipping and give me the shipping address. You can also support our adoption by purchasing map puzzle pieces using that same Paypal link.

Last week, we held our first Scentsy fundraiser party, and last night we enjoyed our second one. I'm so thankful for a sweet friend like Casey Anton, who is willing to donate her profit, time, and gasoline, ALL while she is extremely beautifully pregnant with her second child! I am thankful for friends like Lisa Crosby and Robyn Lawton, who support us by opening their homes for Scentsy parties. Plus, I'm so thankful for all our friends who have purchased items!

I am thankful for my friend who got permission from her boss to sell our Hope bracelets at her employer's annual chili cook-off to raise awareness for adoption and breast cancer. I'm also thankful for another friend who is planning a garage sale and will donate her proceeds to our adoption. There's yet another friend who sells Thirty-One and is working on a way to make her sales proceeds go directly to our adoption fund! God has me in awe as he provides for us.

Last week we made an informational video that we hope to share next week. The video explains what we are doing, why we are doing it, and how people can get involved. A huge shout out to James Garcia who donated his time and energy to our family! As Violet would say, "Thanks, Dun-Dun!" (That's what she calls James...)

Next week, we have our next BIG event--a Chick-fil-a fundraising day on Tuesday, October 14th. If you visit the Rivergate Chick-fil-a from 11am-1pm or 5pm-9pm and tell them you are there for the adoption fundraiser, they will donate a percentage of their profits to our adoption! So, please head to Chick-fil-a on Tuesday, October 14th. Send your friends there, too... Just remind them to tell the cashier they are there for the adoption fundraiser so we will receive a donation for their purchase.

These fundraisers were created so we can write that next big check to mail to our adoption agency. Once we pay that $5,300 or so, we can start working on our dossier to send to Bulgaria. Each puzzle piece, Hope bracelet, Scentsy warmer, or Chick-fil-a sandwich you buy is a small step that get us closer to bringing our little girl or boy home! Each step is vital to our effort to bring Hope to the hopeless! Thank you for the role you play--whether it's prayer, financial support, sharing your home, or giving us great ideas and encouragement. It's all crucial and God is using each of you!

As a friend just shared with me today as she bought her first puzzle piece, Philippians 1:6 promises us, "He will finish what he has started."

Comments